I can be very opinionated. A bit bossy. So I love things like "my 2 cents." (And for someone so bossy, I can be easily swayed. I also don't mind submitting to someone else's plan if I think it's up to snuff.) So here are some random bullets of things that recently have been whirling around in my pondering brain.
- Family businesses - don't do it. If it's good, it's very very good, if it is bad, it's tremendously awful. The holidays are hard enough as it is, do we really have to look forward to shifting visits to Grandma's now?
- Still thinking about the family business? STOP. Now go find some non- relation to employ you.
- There is nothing better than a kid running down a slippery hallway towards YOU and YOU ALONE. It's better than every romantic movie montage you've ever seen, people running through airports, across golden plains - it's just better. It's especially hilarious when she slips halfway there and gets back up and keeps running.
- If someone has shown you they can't be trusted, believe it. It doesn't mean you can't like them, laugh with them, but for the sake of all that's holy don't trust them with any state secrets. Especially any of your own.
- See above. About five times.
- Did you know that you could be holding a cup of coffee and the cup could totally BREAK AWAY from the handle? And you could be left holding the handle and then have coffee all over your lap and keyboard? Yes, it's true. It happened to me this morning. I'm typing all of this on a brand new keyboard. One that I don't have to slam against the desk every so often to make the space bar work.
- My husband is more handsome and lovable with every single rise and fall of the sun. He is simply the bees' knees. He hates being complimented, so I thought I'd tell you instead.
- Six o' clock comes far too early. And sleeping between hitting the snooze is the best sleep of all.
- Being entraced with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends doesn't mean that you have lost touch with reality. It only means that you are very comfortable with pasties.