It's time for 12of12 again! I missed May but am back for June. I do so love 12of12 since it helps me record a real day. Or, it makes me make a normal day a little more fun.
1. I am in love with these Scholastic videos - they include a handful of children's books, all animated. It's a sneaky way to introduce new stories to your kid and also a guilt-free DVD. (They are also read-along, so it's good for helping along reading skills, too.) We own a few but there are tons, many of which are at the library. Thomas adores the "Goodnight, Gorilla" one that also includes "Zin Zin Zin!" The illustrations are so gorgeous on the screen (and we checked out the book, too, for the third of fourth time).
2. Our new neighborhood has a playground. It's been so dreadfully hot that we haven't tried to go but yesterday was the day. This is Thomas telling me, "Come on, Mama!"
3. That slide was too hot! Had to keep him off it the rest of the time.
4. Little booger stole my sunglasses. I think he looks like Stiles, Michael J. Fox's best friend in Teen Wolf. Which means I love him in my sunglasses!
5. My feet, swinging.
6. Thomas working hard to swing himself. (Hipstamatic just released some new films and filters. I am in love with the Nike films. With the right filter, you can get a Holga effect.)
7. Skinny boy legs. I swear, he's got a hollow leg.
8. More swinging - or kicking the dirt.
9. My lunch - is there anything better than cheese and crackers paired with green apple slices?
10. The view up one of our trees in the backyard. We spent some time in the early evening kicking a ball around the backyard.
11. Gardenias peeking over the fence. I love gardenias.
12. Thomas finally passed out for the night - snuggled up with me on the couch.
It's a big week here - Beaux's birthday tomorrow, important speech appointment today(I so need to do a speech post), and Thomas is out of playschool for the whole week - pray for me! We're going to focus on FUN and seeing friends as much as possible.